Effective Date: February 2, 2022
As DantéMedia evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in the Service and laws applicable to us and you; we will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy.
I. Information Collection and Use
What Information Does DantéMedia Collect About Me and Why?
We collect very little personal information about our users, especially users of our free service. A list of the “Personal Information” DantéMedia may collect, and why we collect it, follows:
- Your username, email address, and contact preferences. This lets us create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account, and deliver and support the Service. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the Service, product announcements and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing emails and special offers about the Service. For more information, please see the section below entitled, “Will DantéMedia Send Me Emails?”
DantéMedia’s web sites and applications also collect and receive information from your computer or mobile device, including the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. Gathering this kind of information helps us improve the features and usability of our products and Service, analyze user trends and information about users’ use of our Service.
Will DantéMedia Send Me Emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within DantéMedia email updates.
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Does DantéMedia Share My Personal Information or Content?
DantéMedia is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf and are subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of DantéMedia and our users or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
For personal data subject to the European Union General Data Processing Regulations (“GDPR”), we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These legal bases include where:
- The processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations in our Terms of Service or other contracts with you (such as to provide you the Service as described in our Terms of Service);
- You have given your prior consent, which you may withdraw at any time (such as for marketing purposes or other purposes we obtain your consent for from time to time);
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Service, marketing the Service, such as new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
If you have any questions about or would like further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Does DantéMedia Review My Songs?
As a rule, DantéMedia employees do not have access to your Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for user support. Your Songs also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of DantéMedia and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process.
Does DantéMedia Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or Content Public?
No. Note, however, that certain portions of the DantéMedia web sites and Service, such as comments published on our website or user forum, are open to any online viewer. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. You should determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of our site, so you should carefully consider how you use the services. DantéMedia is not responsible for any publication or use of any Personal Information you choose to post in these locations.
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored?
When you use DantéMedia Software on your computing device, Content you save will be stored locally. When you synch your computing device with the Service, that Content will be replicated on our servers, which are located in the United States.
Please be aware that Personal Information and Content submitted to DantéMedia will be transferred to a data center in the United States. If you post information to the DantéMedia sites you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
How Can I Access or Correct Information DantéMedia Holds About Me?
Users who wish to (i) access any Personal Information that we hold about you; (ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; or (iii) request that we not use or stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes may do so by contacting us at compliance at support AT dantemedia DOT com, We will comply with such requests to the extent permitted or required by law.
How Secure Is My Data?
DantéMedia is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your DantéMedia/Songwriters Pad password is protected by encryption, and only you have access to it.
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility, and DantéMedia restricts physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff. We regularly evaluate our technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data.
- Certain DantéMedia services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If DantéMedia learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. Information Deletion
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using Songwriter’s Pad?
You can delete Songs and Audio Recordings at any time, and you can stop using DantéMedia at any time. If you delete information and material from a song and then sync your account, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service, but residual copies of your deleted Content may continue to exist on DantéMedia’s back-up and archiving systems for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations. If you cancel your account, the Content in your account will not be deleted unless you purposely delete that information, and sync your account before you cancel your account.
What Happens If DantéMedia Closes My Account?
If DantéMedia closes your account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact DantéMedia to request deletion of your data, and DantéMedia will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
V. Contact Us
How Can I Contact DantéMedia?